This pupcake recipe is grain-free, made with nutritious coconut flour that is phenomenal for the dog's skin and coat. If you want to make the wheat flour version of this pupcake recipe, substitute 1/2 cup of coconut flour with 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of cottage cheese
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp raw honey
Peanut Butter Icing
- 6 oz of cream cheese
- 4 oz of smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl mix the peanut butter, eggs, bananas, cottage cheese and honey. Mix in the coconut flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Use two spoons to drop dollops of dough into the muffin cups and fill the cups 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let your dogs lick the spoons clean. (Very important step!)
- In a small bowl cream together the cream cheese, oil and peanut butter.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool then ice the pupcakes and place freeze dried liver treats on top.
- Serve, and enjoy the delight on their faces as they chow down!
For more recipes and other blog updates, don't forget to like us on Facebook! You can also view my other homemade recipes here!
Hunter, you are my heart and soul. My protector, my loyal companion, my constant shadow, my working partner, my cuddlebug, my world. I love you to pieces, Hunter. Happy birthday, my boy. <3