These are great to take on hikes and to training and trialing events, offer one or two to restore energy and provide protein to continue preforming to the best of their ability.
- 3 cups of chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of mashed, boiled sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of banana mashed
- 1/4 cup of raw local honey
- Boil sweet potato until soft, mash and let cool.
- Mash enough banana to fill 1/2 a cup.
- In a large bowl mix the chickpea flour, mashed sweet potato, mashed banana, honey and egg together thoroughly. The batter should be similar to a banana bread batter.
- Grease a baking pan with extra virgin olive oil and fill it with the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into small squares!