Kelp is absolutely LOADED with nutrients, which is exactly why it is a superfood for our dogs. Kelp contains vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E, as well as minerals including zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium.
This nutrient dense food is a highly beneficial addition to any diet - whether you feed raw, homemade, or kibble. Aside from providing a major nutritional boost, kelp also has several significant benefits when included in your dog's diet.
The Benefits of Kelp for Dogs
- Kelp is packed full of nutrients that can fill nutritional gaps in your dog's diet.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit dogs with allergies, arthritis or joint issues.
- Kelp supports healthy coat condition - improving the thickness, shine and softness of a dog's fur.
- It reduces shedding and dry skin, too!
- The abundance of vitamins A, C and E promote healthy regeneration of skin cells while nourishing the skin.
- It can help with weight loss, because kelp boosts the metabolism by supporting the thyroid gland.
- Kelp promotes good dental health because it has a beneficial bacteria that lives on its surface that releases an enzyme to help break down plaque.
- Promotes longevity by providing a wide variety of amino acids, which are vital to maintaining good health.
- Kelp will help boost pigmentation (color) in your dog's fur and eyes!
- It also supports good stamina and endurance.
- Scientific research suggests kelp has anti-cancer properties due to high levels of antioxidants, vitamin C and fucoidan.
- Kelp boosts bone mineral density because it contains lots of manganese, calcium, zinc and copper!