K9 Instinct strives to create easy to make homemade dog cookie recipes that are healthy, nutritious and beneficial. Treats don't have to be junk food, they can be delicious and good for your canine family members!
This recipe uses grain-free coconut flour which contains medium chain fatty acids and is perfect for skin and coat health, promoting a thick and glossy coat. The raw grated carrots provide vitamins and beta-carotene which can improve coat pigment and are rich in anti-oxidants. The banana is high in potassium and tryptophan (converted into serotonin to alleviate depression and stress), and they also stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut while being a general aid for digestion. Eggs provide healthy, clean protein and will also improve coat condition!
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut flour
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add your coconut flour, mashed banana, grated raw carrot, cottage cheese and eggs.
- Combine all 5 ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Cut out your shape of preference with a cookie cutter, then place cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes