In honor of my German Shepherd Hunter's 4th Birthday, I decided to come up with a savory grain free pupcake recipe for dogs that love cheese as much as my dog does. This recipe is healthy, wholesome and full of delicious cheesy flavor. This recipe uses natural ingredients and no preservatives. It is the perfect pupcake for any dog-related birthday or celebration!
This pupcake recipe is grain free, using a mix of coconut flour and arrowroot flour! You will also need applesauce, cottage cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, cheddar cheese and a touch of honey!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl mix the applesauce, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and honey. Mix in the coconut flour, arrowroot flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Use two spoons to drop dollops of dough into the muffin cups and fill the cups 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let your dogs lick the spoons clean. (Very important step!)
- In a small bowl cream together the cream cheese, yogurt, honey and coconut flour.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Let the pupcakes cool then ice the pupcakes and drizzle honey OR shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Serve, and enjoy the delight on their faces as they chow down!
If you enjoy K9 Instinct's articles, you will love getting our weekly Newsletter! It's totally free, and you will get lots of great exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox! You won't want to miss out on all the free advice and recipes!