Coconut flour is a tasty alternative to grain flours, the perfect ingredient for dogs who suffer from grain allergies and sensitivities. Coconut flour targets the skin and coat to help make a dog's fur soft, thick and healthy. If your dog has dry skin or dandruff, this is the perfect treat for them! Peanut butter and unsweetened applesauce provide flavour and aroma to make for a high value treat that can be used in training. Moist, bite-sized and quickly eaten - these treats are sure to help train even the most stubborn of dogs!
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut flour
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add coconut flour, peanut butter, unsweetened applesauce and eggs.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Roll into bite-sized balls on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your size of treat.
I use these treats for tracking and training, and they have never let me down! Hunter will do just about anything for these.
Don't have coconut flour? You can use 2 cups of whole wheat flour and 2 eggs instead! These homemade dog treats can be left on the counter for a maximum of two days before they will need to go in the fridge. It's the price we pay for feeding whole food treats with zero preservatives!
For more delicious homemade dog treat recipes, visit the "homemade treat" section of my blog!
Don't forget to "like" K9 Instinct on Facebook for updates and new blog posts!