Krill oil is an excellent alternative to fish, plant or seed sources of omega fatty acids. This is ideal for dogs that have a white fish allergy, but no shellfish allergy.
Krill oil contains high levels of a highly beneficial carotenoid called Astaxanthin, which is a powerful antioxidant. The Astaxanthin is responsible for the incredible red pigment in krill oil! It is such an amazing supplement that it is even able to cross the blood-brain barrier and deliver its benefits where it counts the most.
The Benefits of Omega Fatty Acids for Dogs
- Reduces inflammation.
- Soothes inflammatory skin disorders (such as allergies).
- Improves skin and coat condition.
- Supports joint health, and helps soothe arthritis.
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Improves cognitive development in puppies.
- Improves cognitive function in senior dogs.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
- Protection against cancers like lymphoma! (Research can be viewed here.)
The Benefits of Astaxanthin for Dogs
This deeply pigmented super antioxidant helps the body fight free radicals, while protecting against harmful oxidation. It will help protect your dog's organs, it will help protect against oxidative stress in the body, and it will also help protect the brain and eyes!
This is a powerful tool you can utilize to help your dog achieve optimum health through all life stages!