This homemade dog treat recipe is super simple! All you need is flour (whole wheat or all purpose) and organic dog-friendly baby food! That's right: baby food! Baby food is very inexpensive, super healthy (should contain no junk and useless fillers) and easy to use! While you can use any flavor of baby food, I used turkey and sweet potato for this cookie! If you use something different, make sure it does not have any of the known dangerous foods for dogs.
- 2 cups of flour (whole wheat or all purpose flour)
- 2 four-oz jars of turkey and sweet potato baby food
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Add your flour into a mixing bowl and combine with the 2 jars of baby food.
- Roll the dough out on a cutting board and use a cookie cutter to shape the cookies.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, put the cookies on the cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350° F for 20 - 25 minutes.
If you enjoy K9 Instinct's articles, you will love getting our weekly Newsletter! It's totally free, and you will get lots of great exclusive content delivered directly to your inbox! You won't want to miss out on all the free advice and recipes!